Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Word of God is Sharper than any Double Edged Sword

           Tonight I can't seem to sleep. I keep thinking the same thought, "The word of God is sharper than any double edged sword..." *1 . {fyi: The references for the verses are at the bottom of the page.) The Word of God is our weapon, and we are in a spiritual battle to the death. Put down your sword, and you're a goner.  When we want to get mad at someone, we need to remember that our anger doesn't produce righteousness.*2 Or when you want to indulge yourself with something that your conscience is saying 'no' to, remember that we are to live our lives in service to one another instead.*4 And that the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.*3 Without the word of God, these things cannot be brought to mind, they cannot bear the fruit needed to live a life that pleases the Lord. And if we aren't pleasing the Lord, then how are we to do His work that so desperately needs done? I would encourage every person who reads this to get out your bible, and pray a prayer similar to this one: 
            Lord, teach me, and make me usable for your kingdom, because I know that the harvest is great and the workers are few. In the power of your name Jesus, help me to let go of those things in my life that I've been clinging to, and won't yield to you. Help me to give all to you, take up my cross daily and follow you, speaking your word as it is given to me, and not being ashamed of you in this ungodly society. In Your Holy Name Jesus, and by your blood you shed for me, Amen. 
            The great commission is what we are called to fulfill.  
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing thein the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
            It doesn't say go into all of the world and feed them, or clothe them, or make sure that they have health care. All of that is good, but we as Christians need to get a handle on the fact that presenting Christ to people, and making disciples needs to be our number one priority. Because he will make changes in their lives to help them, through us sometimes, or otherwise. I am a fanatic of taking care of people in true need, but I myself have gotten off track with presenting the word of God to people in love because of peoples need. I ask forgiveness of the Lord, and pray that He will help me, and my family{in Christ} to also be helped in this way.  
            We are all in a battle, and there are actually people dying every day around the world without Jesus. Heaven is real, and so is hell. Lord help us to be serious in our love, and professional in our witness of you and your Word!
Matthew 28:19-20

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”








*1  Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

*2  James 1:20

because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.


*3  Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.




 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your
 freedom
 to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly 
in love. 



These verses were copied from biblegateway.com which is a wonderful 

website where you can type in a phrase and get the reference and full

verse you're looking for. 

                                



                                             

(This is my family who I love so much, my husband, 3 girls, and my son. 
They were standing on a balcony hanging over a steep cliff. It was a little nerve
wracking. I am 
so blessed by them. )






2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a thought or comment~