Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A busy day

     Good morning! Today I have a full day of conquering mount laundry and teaching abc's to my 4 year old who will be taking her kindergarten placement test next week (oh the stress!), and other cleaning and motherly tasks. Before I started my list, I wanted to write this. So I opened my bible, and took some time seeing what the Lord would say to me. I opened to the beginning of Mark, and read for a while. Mark is the action gospel. It's written in a way that the Romans, or gentiles would be interested.  Romans were interested in action, thus the emphasis. I didn't really think much of what I read, as I've read it a lot in my life... I know the stories. But as I started doing the dishes I was thinking about everything that Jesus did. It was all so important. Though the way it is written in Mark, it almost seems boring: he was baptized, he was tempted, he called the disciples, he drove out an evil spirit.... To me it's a little boring this way, but so is my life when I think of it that way!!! She woke up, she made breakfast, she did the dishes, she gave a bath, she fed the dog, she made an appointment. But everything is very important, and you have to see the spirit in it, the love, the importance. 


25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
     
       And so, I pray that today everything that I do would be following Jesus in being "slave" to all(so hard to do). God bless you today in the same way! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Joan...this is so good, and so true! Jesus always took the simple, everything things of life, and taught His Lessons off them! You go girl~ Keep up the small every things in Life and Jesus will continue to Teach you and Lead you!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a heart for God. It's is evident in all your do. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. A life centered in the service of others is the best life. I always remember that God said, "I am closer than Breath".

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a thought or comment~