Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Monday, April 9, 2012

My first blog

Hello, my name is Joan, and I love Jesus:) I have a wonderful husband, 3 girls, and a boy, and a Beagle named Fillie. My mom does a blog ^every day^, so I thought I might do one too, because the Lord gives me insights on things sometimes that could be useful to others, and maybe to you. I don't write a whole lot, but here goes!
I was thinking what I would write if I were to do one today, so I opened my bible to the end of Mark, which was where it was open because we'd read the crucifixion and resurrection with the kids in bible study this week. I read Mark 16: 15-18, which is Jesus talking *(here it is for a refresher for you)

Mark 16:15-18

New International Version (NIV)
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
When I got to the part about drinking the deadly poison and not being hurt, I looked to the bottom of the page where they give notes on the verse, and it said that there was no occurrence of drinking deadly poison found in the New Testament. This jumped off the page at me and I really saw the Holy Spirit in it, because this is scriptural proof that the Holy Spirit is not done working in people now. Though I know this for myself through personal experience, maybe to someone this scripture could open a light on the subject.
I'll try to write on here as often as I can. May the Lord use me:) Also, I pray that the Lord blesses you with peace, and a joyful heart in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog and your lesson has blessed my heart very much! I know the LORD speaks to you, and you will have much to share with your readers! I pray that the LORD will lead those He wants to be encouraged by your blog to find you and come and fellowship with you!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a thought or comment~